ANTHELCIDE EQ Paste safely and effectively removes and controls various internal parasites, including large strongyles, small strongyles, large roundworms, pinworms and threadworms. This broad-spectrum dewormer contains the active ingredient oxibendazole.
Every horse is one of a kind, which is why the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) recommends working with your veterinarian to develop a deworming plan to fit your horse’s needs. Ask your veterinarian to conduct a fecal egg count test before purchasing a dewormer.
Per the AAEP guidelines, horses at high risk of parasite infection should be treated in the summer or winter for the removal of large strongyles, small strongyles, large roundworms, pinworms and threadworms.
- ANTHELCIDE EQ Paste effectively treats and controls these parasites.
- Shown to be effective against benzimidazole-resistant strongyles1
- Offers a wide margin of safety
- Convenient, disposable syringe treats up to 1,200 pounds of body weight
- The dosage of ANTHELCIDE EQ Paste is 10 mg/kg (22 mg/lb) of body weight (15 mg/kg (33.07 mg/lb) for strongyloides).
- A single syringe can treat up to 1,200 pounds of body weight.
The convenient syringe has 12 weight mark increments. Each weight mark indicates the recommended dose for 100 pounds of body weight.
How to Deworm
As treatment doses are based on the weight of the animal, use a scale or weight tape to determine each animal’s weight before treating. Once an accurate weight is known, treat each horse with ANTHELCIDE EQ Paste as follows:
- Adjust the ring to your animal’s weight and lock into place.
- Make sure there is no feed in the animal’s mouth.
- Remove the cap from the end of the syringe. Save the cap for reuse.
- Place the tip of the syringe into the side of the animal’s mouth at the space between the incisor and molar teeth.
- Gently push the plunger until it stops, depositing the dewormer on the back of the tongue.
- Remove the syringe from the animal’s mouth and raise the animal’s head slightly to make sure he swallows the dewormer.
- Replace the syringe cap.